At Rifah Technical Training Institute, technical training is provided in the following disciplines:
(a) Computer Software
(b) Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
(c) Electrical Wiring and Motor Winding
(d) Mobile Telephone Repair is imparted up to Certificate level.
The institute has proper classrooms and well equipped labs for these courses. The Institute is registered with Punjab Board of Technical Education Lahore, Skill Development Council Islamabad and National Training Bureau Islamabad. The certificates are issued to the students upon the successful completion of courses, by Skill Development Council (SDC), Islamabad. Every year, nearly 120 student are being trained in different technologies through three months and six months courses. Four technical instructors are serving the currently enrolled 45 students (20 girls, 25 boys) in various 3-month and 6-month vocational training courses.
Admissions are done on merit basis. Academic Qualification Certificates, National Identity Card and Three passport size photographs are required for at the time of admission in Rifah Technical Training Institute and Rifah Industrial Home. Following Rules and Regulations are to be followed by all:
– All trainees are to be regular in attending the classes. The attendance record of all the trainees is maintained by the institute, and is supplied to Skill Development Council (SDC), along with the admission form for final examination.
– Any Trainee, who misses the classes for 7 days without any information, may be withdrawn from the course.
– If the attendance is less then 80% (including leaves due to sickness etc) of the total prescribed course period, no trainee will be allowed to appear in any examination (Theory or Practical).
This course is of 6 months (long) and 3 months (short) duration, both for male and female students. The classes are 6 days a week. Working hours are 4 to 5 hours daily. The topics covered are Computer Principles, MS Office, Operating System, Networking and Computer Languages. The minimum qualification for the course is Metric. After the course the students are able to:
– Maintain the system (installation of different software)
– Do office work (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Ms PowerPoint, Ms Publisher, In page)
– Do the networking of the computer (create account, e-mail, searching and saving data)
– Earn their livelihood either through a secretarial office job or work from home
Electrical Wiring Course:
This course is of 6 months (long session) and 3 months (short session) duration. The classes are six days a week, for 4 to 5 hours daily. The ratio of theory to practical is 30:70. The minimum qualification for the course is middle. The subjects covered in the course are complete electrical wiring and repair of electrical house hold items. The qualified students are able to serve local industry or start their own Electric shop.
Air Conditioning / Refrigeration Course:
This course is of 6 months and 3 months duration. The classes are six days a week, for 4 to 5 hours daily. The ratio of theory to practical is 30:70. The minimum qualification for the course is middle. The topics covered in the course are: (a) Electrical and mechanical maintenance of refrigerator, (b) Air Conditioner, (c) Deep Freezer, and (d) Water Cooler
Mobile Telephone Repair Course:
This course is of 3 months duration. The classes are six days a week, for 4 to 5 hours daily. The ratio of theory to practical is 30:70. The minimum qualification for the course is matriculation. During the course, the following topics are covered:
(a) Advantages of Mobile Telephone as well as their safety and health hazards
(b) Use of Mobile Telephone
(c) Problems of Software and its solution (with theory and practical)
(d) Problems of hardware and its solution (with theory and practical)
(e) Information about Mobile Telephone business
(f) Pubic dealing. In this course, students get hand-on skill for Mobile Telephone repair, so that they are capable to earn their livelihood after they qualify.
Auto CAD Professionals:
This course is of 6 months duration. The classes are six days a week, for 4 to 5 hours daily. The ratio of theory to practical is 30:70. The minimum qualification for the course is matriculation. The course contents are regularly updated with industry inputs on CAD, Graphics and Project Management. CAD Professional gives training on following modules:
• Auto CAD • Auto CAD 3D
• Auto CAD Executive Package • Office Automation
• Non-Linear Editing • Publishing Designing
• Web Designing • Hardware
• Advance Networking • 3D Studio Max
• Maya • Micro Station etc..